On August 14th I went to "The Last Tour to Endor" Event at Disney's Hollywood Studios. It was an amazing evening solely dedicated to Star wars! It was like the Star Wars Weekends event they have in the beginning of the summer but jammed together into one evening. It included a Star Wars themed fireworks show, a brand new Hyper-Space Hoopla, and a re-imagining of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show entitled "Indiana Jones and the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom." The best part of the stunt show was seeing George Lucas in the audience and having Seth Green and Anthony Daniels participate in the show as "extras"! So back to the point of the blog....the reason they had this event was to celebrate the closing of Star Tours because they are closing it and "re-imagining" it and turning it into "STAR TOURS:THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES"!!! They advertised it as an event where you could be the first to be the last. I think a lot of people were confused and thought that t was the last night that Star Tours was going to be opened.
The last actual operating day for Star Tours will be on Tuesday September 7th. It will re-open again on Tuesday May 11th, 2011!!! So what are they doing with it??? What we know so far is they are going to make it in 3D and give you some choices on which planet you would like to visit! So far we have heard about the forest moon of Endor, Bespin and Cloud City, and pod racing on Tattooine. With this being Disney, they are not simply going to change out the movie you are watching.
The story sis now going to take place between the 3rd and 4th movies, so it takes place a while before the attraction we know right now. Currently, you ride the star speeder 3000. Since this attraction takes place at an earlier time, your going to be riding the star speeder 1000!!!So besides painting the star speeders red, adding 3D, and changing the movies...what else can we look forward too??? Being the Disney nut that I am, I hoping to see the some changes in the queue. Not to go too nerd on you guys, but the Giant AT-AT that is placed right outside the entrance to the attraction did not exist when the events of this updated version occur, but I know Disney knows that very well and that will all be taken into account!!!
I rode Star Tours a couple of times on Monday, in the middle of the afternoon, it had no wait...amazing! I think the last day is going to be chaos. I heard that the Star Tours in California which closed at the end of July only let DVC members and annual passholders ride on the last day. Does anyone know if that is how they are going to do it at the Hollywood Studios? Regardless, I will be there going on it over and over again. Star tours is one of those attractions that you can place in your mind every time you think of one of your trips to WDW as a kid, with it being there for 20 years. Its going to be very sad watching it go, but amazing to see what the next ones going to look like...
PHJ
like
ReplyDelete